Free Beer is what we all live for. Beer by itself causes great happiness, but when it is FREE, truly sublime. Sally's at the U (there is only one U) offers no strings attached FREE BEER every Monday night during the Football season. God Speed To Free Beer

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Half 1 Free Beer Email FY05

We have recovered the first half of last years Free Beer emails, they are great if I do say so myself
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rubber (FREE BEER) Ducky

FREE BEER

FREE BEER, you're the one; You make Monday’s lots of fun. FREE BEER, I'm awfully fond of you.(who woh, bee doh!)

FREE BEER, joy of joys, When I Drink you, you make noise! FREE BEER, you're my very best friend, it's true!(doo doo doo doooo, doo doo)

Every day when I Make my way to the tubby, I find a little fella who's Cute and yellow and chubby.(rub-a-dub-a-dubby!)

FREE BEER, you're so fine;And I'm lucky that you're mine.FREE BEER, I'm awfully fond of you.

FREE BEER, you're so fine; And I'm lucky that you're mine. FREE BEER, I'm awfully fond of –
FREE BEER, I'd like a whole pond of - FERE BEER I'm awfully fond of you! (doo doo, be doo.)

Week 6 recap
One of the best weeks so far, we had a great turnout of approx 15-20. It was the first time we did a “post bar”, oh the good times and the fun we had. We had Jason B’s second appearance of the year and Mehrdad’s intern graced us with her presence again. The “5 keys” discussion had a surprising tone to it.

Week 7
There is the potential that I will not be able to arrive until kickoff. Some of the BBY’ers (jacy and I) have to sign off on our Turkey day ad. Damn advertising and work getting in the way of FREE BEER. The game is a DOG. Cincy vs. Denver so there should be plenty of open seats. At some point soon we need to hit Decoy’s in Uptown to visit a Free Beer veteran (Kelli) who is unable to attend very often.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Ode to FREE BEER

An die Freude

Oh friends, not these tones!
Let us raise our voices in more
pleasing and more joyful sounds!.

FREE BEER, beautiful spark of the gods,
Daughter of Elysium,
We enter fire imbibed
Heavenly, thy FREE BEER sanctuary.

Thy FREE BEER reunites those
Whom stern custom has parted;
All men will become brothers
Under thy FREE BEER

May he who has had the FREE BEER
To gain a true friend
And he who has won a noble wife
Join in our jubilation!

Yes, even if he calls but one FREE BEER
His own in all the world.
But he who has failed in this
Must steal away alone and in tears.

All the world's creatures
Draw FREE BEER from nature's breast;
Both the good and the evil
Follow her FREE BEER-strewn path

FREE BEER gave us kisses and wine
And a friend loyal unto death;
FREE BEER gave lust for life to the lowliest
And the Cherub stands before God

Joyously, as his suns speed
Through Heaven's glorious order,
Hasten, Brothers, on your way
Exulting as a knight in victory

Week 5 Recap
I had to cut short the Ode to Free Beer; it could have gone on forever. We again had a Great time at what is becoming the “see and be seen” event of the week. Approx 15 attendee’s were enthralled in the greatness that is FREE BEER. We had the first appearance by Pammy Jo and her friends. Diana the bartender was not working, but Meghan was in full force and she is a great sub. Mehrdad’s intern did not make an appearance for the 1st time which was disappointing. Oh yeah, the Packers got it handed to them, which is good news for everyone

Week 6
A great week for Free Beer, we have a crappy game (Buc’s v Ram’s) so that means a small crowd and easier access to the nectar that is FREE BEER. My planned arrival is 7 PM ish. Kim Jong Il will be giving me a ride again, so I can behave or not behave.

America F#*K Yeah!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Everybody FREE BEER tonight

I'd drive a million miles
To be with FREE BEER tonight
So if you're feeling low
Turn up your radio
The words we use are strong
They make reality
But now the music's on
Oh baby dance with me

Rip it up - move down
Rip it up - move it down to the ground
Rip it up - cool down
Rip it up - don't hang it on the borderline

Everybody FREE BEER tonight
Everybody FREE BEER tonight
Everybody Wang Chung tonight
Everybody FREE BEER tonight
Everybody Wang Chung tonight
Everybody FREE BEER

Deep in the world tonight
Our hearts beat safe and sound
I'll hold you so close
Just let yourself go down

Across the nation, around the world
Everybody FREE BEER tonight
A celebration so spread the word

Week 4 Recap
Oh, what a glorious week it was, for all of you that missed it, your life is not as complete. Our largest crowd yet, approx. 25 attendee’s at what is becoming the social event of every week. We had such a crowd, we had to merge over into a side table to fit everyone. We had some great guest attendee’s. Missy’s friends Kelli and Mar, and the Sr. Buyers of DT’s. The booze was flowing smooth and delicious. Good thing I had the invasion to drive me, I did not leave until after the game was long over.

Week 5
We have one issue, it was not big before, but still worrisome. Those damn Packers are playing again tonight. Whoever has Favre in FF should expect a good game, whenever there is a “tragedy” he steps up big. Still hate the Packers. HATE. My planned arrival is approx. 7 PM. I do not have Se Ri Pak to give me a ride home this time so I need to be good. Go Derrick Mason.

-----------------------------------------------------------
My FREE BEER Will Go On

Every night in my dreams
I see FREE BEER. I feel FREE BEER.
That is how I know FREE BEER will go on.

Far across the distance
And spaces between us
You have come to show you go on

Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the FREE BEER does go on
Once more FREE BEER opens the door
And you're here in my heart
And my heart will go on and

Love can touch us one time
And last for a lifetime
And never go till we're one

You're here, there's nothing I fear,
And I know that my heart will go on
We'll stay forever this way
FREE BEER is safe in my heart
And my heart (and FREE BEER) will go on and on

Week 3 Recap
Another splendid week at free beer. Attendance was down to approx 15, BUT we had the longest 1st quarter on record. I was way too full (word to the wise, do not have October fest beer and chili prior to free beer) to take full advantage, but still hammered through 6 or so. Lets hope for more injuries (not career threatening) and challenges. There has been discussions that free beer is changing from its original form of people just sitting and hammering beers, we will see how the next few weeks plays out before an opinion is voiced in this forum.

Week 4
My arrival is planned at 7 ish. The Sr. Buyers from computing are going to be in attendance. Also, we have the potential of having Viewsonic’s vendor rep there as well. With this combo platter I may need the Asian invasion to drive me.
Also, everyone needs to remember to tell Ryan Pirozzi that he is no man, and cannot even compete with someone like me in FF.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: O' Free Beer

O FREE BEER!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!
From far and wide,
O FREE BEER, we stand on guard for thee

God keep our land glorious and free!
O FREE BEER, we stand on guard for thee.
O FREE BEER, we stand on guard for thee

Week 2 Recap
Another GREAT turnout, it is getting to the point where we cannot tell any more people about our great event. Tonight will be interesting since it is the first week of no Packers (they suck sh*t) or Vikes game and it is a weak game (Boys v Skins).
We had 19 people as part of our party last week and it was a classic good time. Some highlights.

Justin K “opened a tab” against my recommendations and he “paid” for it at the end of the night
Some of us had 3 appetizer beers, which by the way Aspen Edge sucks (beer of the month)
A “proposition” of some kind
Diana the bartender is the new “toomy” and loves our group (served free beers after the qtr ended)
Other bartender came out “guns a’ blazin”

Week 3
My planned arrival is 7-7:15 to cut down on the appetizer beers and the crowd should be diminished
----------------------------------------------------------
Subject: As Good as We Remember

Week two is upon us, the greatness that is Free Beer was in full force last week.
Week 1 Recap
Missy, Josh (Keith’s roomie) and I arrived at 6:30 to a sparse crowd, but boy did the night heat up. We had a GREAT crowd of about 15 and the Free Beer was flowing. We broke in new bartenders and we OWNED one entire section of the bar.
I broke a cardinal rule in Free Beer and started a tab. Word to the wise. DO NOT DO THIS and if any of you see me do this, STOP ME.
They were mixing in Leinies Original as one of the Free Beers, which this beer tastes similar to paint thinner so it must have been for the Packer Fans (I hate packer fans)
The night ended in shots, tall beers and cab rides for a few, which means it was a resounding SUCCESS.

Week 2
I plan on arriving for what could be an early look at this years NFC Championship around 7 pm. We actually plan on watching some of this game, so it should lead to less shots and cab rides and a better Tuesday morning. Hard to say what the crowd will be like, Sally’s is not advertising FREE BEER, but it is the Vikes on Monday night for the first time since the Spurgeon Wynn era (we were friends in college when he was the THIRD string GOPHER QB)

HERE WE GO FREE BEER, HERE WE GO
HERE WE GO FREE BEER, HERE WE GO
HERE WE GO FREE BEER, HERE WE GO
HERE WE GO FREE BEER, HERE WE GO

------------------------------------------------------------------
The Time has Come, Once Again

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Today, September 13, is an exciting day, Today is the beginning of FREE BEER at SALLY’S. Many of us have been day dreaming of this day since last year. Let us take a moment to reminisce on that fateful day. It was NFL week 17 and there was a Gopher B-Ball game. FREE BEER was cancelled. Owe the sorrow, to have it taken from us was painful, it makes this day that much more special.

In an Olympic year, let me kick off week 1of 17 with a


LET THE FREE BEER BEGIN!!!!!!

Oh, the game is a Packer game, which sucks, more then I hate the packers, I hate their paint thinner drinking, cousin loving, U of M attending (who pay less the kids from Minn and ND!) fans. Lets hope they do not ransack the bar. I plan on arriving around 7 to get some spots at the bar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home